TuneList - Make your site Live

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Can I take a shot?

Can I take a shot?
By Nicole Manano

                                Frederick R. Barnard once said that, “A picture paints a thousand words.” This quote has become very popular, and the meaning of this quote is easily distinguished from its words. Every picture that we see always contains a hidden message. This generation, pictures have become part of our lives now. Most of us take pictures to serve as memories; others take it as a hobby and passion, while others take it just to have fun.
               
 
        Since pictures are very famous today, these are also used now to earn a huge amount of money. Before, photography is only a hobby to most of us, but presently, it has become a job too. In photography, we can see different images of life, look deeper into the depths of nature and find beauty in every object there is. Photography is a very marvelous hobby or passion, and we get to learn more about it. As a student, I have photography as one of my subjects and I myself am fascinated when I started taking shots and see the beauty that lies around me.
                This is my first shot, and it’s kind of fail though, but I got a good mark. As the time goes by, I learned to take shots better, and it improved somehow. This vacation, I started to take pictures of nature and many others. As I have mentioned earlier, photography finds beauty in every object there is. Nature is the best and most common object of photography, because it has many hidden wonders.
                Monochrome setting is one of the best features that revolve in the world of photography. People often say that using the monochrome setting brings out the ‘drama’ in a photo and it becomes unique and more alluring. Black and white objects will show more details if this setting is applied. This setting goes well with the Rule of Thirds, a concept in photography that the object is not in the center of focus, but it is on either side, just like this one. This concept is one of my favorites, that is why almost all of my shots are in the Rule of Thirds.
                There are some pictures that make one think, “How was that picture taken?” I’m sure this has popped in your mind, too. Photographers do all positions to take a good angle or shot of their object. If they have to kneel, they’ll do that; or if they have to lie down, they’ll surely do it. As for me, I didn’t lie down, but I just crouched and my camera almost touched the ground to get a good shot.
              Before, when I don’t have enough knowledge of photography yet, I always use the Automatic or the Auto mode. But since my classes with photography began, our professor told us to use the Manual mode from that day on, and I also found out something on the internet, just a short message saying: “You are not a photographer. You just have an overpriced camera.” I was hurt at first, because as I’ve said I am an auto user before. When you use the Manual mode, all your photography skills and knowledge will pay off, and will surely pave your way to be a photographer.
                Photos are really amazing; one can make a reverie out of it, or earn with it. I once depended on the thought that the quality of the photos depends on the camera use, but my professor told me that it is depended on the photographer, and that explains a lot. The truth is, I only practice taking shots because of school matters, but the longer I practice, photography has become my passion too. And every shot I take, I always make sure that these photos can create a thousand words. 

No comments:

Post a Comment