TuneList - Make your site Live

Thursday, January 2, 2014

OUR LADY OF PENAFRANCIA PARISH. :))

                I know it's already late, but I really want to share this to all of you. Will you read this then share it for me? :) Thank you!

                Misa de Gallo, or Simbang Gabi, is a tradition among Filipinos which is celebrated every December. Simbang Gabi starts on the 16th of December until the 24th. The mass begins on 8:00 pm on some churches, while others begin at 9:00 pm. The mass also begins at dawn, which starts from 3:30 am or 4:00 am. It's funny to look at people if they go to mass at dawn. Some doze off to sleep while waiting for the mass start. Some looked like they got up from bed, without eating any breakfast yet. :) It would be an achievement if one has completed the 9 nine days of Simbang Gabi. :)

                I've started my Simbang Gabi with my mom in my hometown wherein the mass begins at 9:00 pm. The church is often crowded and extra chairs were needed so that people can sit outside. It was fun every night, as the priests deliver the homily lively.
              After the mass, we buy bibingka or puto-bumbong which we have almost every night. These are two of the most famous delicacies every Simbang Gabi.
              I didn't get to finish my Simbang Gabi in our hometown since we went off to Cavite to celebrate Christmas there. I was really serious about completing the 9 days, so I continued the Simbang Gabi in Cavite. I wake up every 3:00 am to get to this nearby church with my mom.
           
             This is the Our Lady of Penafrancia Parish. I've been in this church before, where I only had one night of Simbang Gabi. On my 7th day of Simbang Gabi, as I was listening to the commentator's announcements, he mentioned that the fund for reconstruction of the church was P915.00. My mom and I suddenly felt sad. Finally, during the last day of Simbang Gabi, I asked for permission to the caretaker of this church if I could take pictures. The priest was in a hurry so I didn't get to ask him any question.

             I told them that I'll post the pictures in my blog so that it can be viewed by everyone, and if someone is willing and interested to help.








        The caretaker was an old woman, and she was really happy when I told her about my idea. I can still remember her exact words, "Sige, salamat! Salamat! Tulungan mo ang simbahan natin ha?" (Sure, thank you! Thank you! Help our church, okay?") I thought I was going to cry. Thankfully, I've seen some of my friends in the choir, and took a picture of them so I can stop the tears. :)

        I know this extension wasn't here before. I am happy that this was created, but I think it's not enough. I was happy to see these people smiling and with high spirits. I am inspired by the positive aura this church has. The priests gave the homily lively, that sent people laughing and leaving no one sleeping, and the people who give their smiles on everyone. Everyone is just happy and the atmosphere of the church is really good. On the second to the last day of the Simbang Gabi, I found teenagers at the gate selling Christmas balls for P50.00, in addition to help the reconstruction of the church.

       

           I wish I have a huge amount of money in my hands to help them, unfortunately, I'm just one of them. They even invited me to become part of the choir, but I told them that I can't promise them that since I only stayed in Cavite every vacation. This was the best I can do for them and for the church.



 If you would like to help the Our Lady of Penafrancia Parish, you could comment below and I'll acknowledge you. :) Let's join hands in helping the reconstrution of this church. :) This parish is located at Sabang, Dasmarinas, Cavite. :) Thank you and God bless! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment