TuneList - Make your site Live

Friday, October 11, 2013

The Optimist Messenger. :)

        Perhaps you were wondering why I chose 'The Optimist Messenger' to be my blog address. Here's the story why.

                I will begin with the word 'optimist'. Just as I have described my blog, an optimist is someone who thinks positively. 'I was once a pessimist', I said. That is true, especially during my high school days. Paranoia engulfs me every time I committed a mistake. I can still remember that day when I failed a Math quiz. I wasn't talking to any of my friends that day, and I keep telling myself that I am so stupid and reckless and whatever. They keep on telling me that it was just a quiz, but that won't sink in, so they just leave me there. There are times when they get mad at me for being so paranoid and all. Everyday, I try my best to think positively but nothing happens. Today I go positive, the following day, there I go again negating all the thoughts that are supposed to be positive.

         
                As time passed by, I've graduated from high school and I'm entering into a new world again. This new world is what we call college. I told myself I need to change my ways because that would be embarrassing if I'll do same steps I did before. I'll seriously be a loner if I don't change that attitude. 

                I admit I went paranoid all over again during that Math preliminary exams on my first year (refer to 'Expect the Unexpected'). But I tried my best not to show my classmates my downed face. I can't let them see that.


               After the meet-and-greet and get-to-know-you first semester, we have moved on to the next phase of our first year. During the second semester, our professor required us to create our own blog. The first word that came to mind was the word 'optimist', remembering the words in the movie "The Secret". So I came up with the title, 'Optimist at Work'. 


               It took a while before I opened my blog again, because of all the busy stuff we're having. I just had the time today during our semestral break, and I miss blogging all the way. :)

               Now, for the blog address, I thought that it would be better if I'll add the profession that I've chosen. At first I wanted it to be 'The Optimist Journalist', but I don't want to be direct that I've chosen Journalism as my profession. I keep on thinking what are the other possible words that I could connect with the word 'journalist'. 


               Then I got it.


         I was writing an article about the forum we had just attended in school. It's all about the U.S.-RP Relations. Of course, it is our job to take down notes, and while I was doing my article, my notebook is open beside me. After an hour or so, I got tired, closed my notebook, and decided to take a break. I opened my blog to check on it. I noticed that my blog address is my email address, and I think that it should be changed to something different. Then I thought about the word 'journalist' again. I was looking around my room to find the right word, though I have no idea why I'm looking in my room. But scanning helped me find just the right word.


               The word I got was 'messenger', the one written on the cover of my notebook.


                          

             I got this notebook during at AIMS Makati, where we attended the Jaime V. Ongpin Seminar for Journalism. My friends and I liked the message on the cover (DON'T SHOOT THE MESSENGER), so we took a photo with it.

       I created my blog with the most positive features. Inspiration is the main concept of my blog. In every thing that I post, I want everyone who opens my blog to be inspired to achieve their dreams. My profession, Journalism, is never easy. One can lay their life on the line to fight for the truth. Despite this fact, I still pursue my dream to become one, because I chose this path, and I really wanted to be a professional journalist someday. 

            A journalist should have a positive-thinking mind, despite the hardships that may come his/her way. Everything will be fine if you know what you say is right and true.  


           Truth prevails, I say. If journalists find the truth about you, please don't shoot the messenger.


           Whatever profession you choose, things can get ugly, but don't lose hope. Don't think negatively, problems can be solved. Find ways on how you will get the right answers.


           You should bear in mind that you must always be The Optimist Messenger. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment